Sunday, March 27, 2011

An Evening With My Home Girl

Yesterday, my long time friend of 40 years visited me along with her fiance.  I cooked a nice meal and the fellows watched movies while we updated her resume and went over some computer tips. What a wonderful evening. We got the resume all updated and done. We surfed for cruise ship career opportunities. We drank a whole bottle of Chardonnay. Laughed until our stomachs started to hurt. Acted silly at times. Brainstormed on some business ideals. Mapped out some business plans. Hugged each other in appreciation. What a wonderful evening. Having a friend since grade school is truly a blessing. So many people have come and gone in my life, but to know that I have that one person in my life that if I say to her we are going to the moon tonight, her response would be, " what time and what are you going to wear?" I truly Love and respect her and am grateful that we chose each other to travel with in life.

In fact, I am grateful to have several long time relationships with people that I grew up with or met on previous jobs. Some of which we talk frequently and others every now and then just to make sure the other is ok.

Do you have a friend like that?

I LOVE MY COMPASS LIFE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment